User-generated Content Policy
By tagging your social media posts and/or social media images (including their captions) with #imwearingri, #riverisland
and/or #riverislandkids (the “ RI Hashtags”), or with the following handles @riverisland, @riverislandman
@riverislandkids and/or @ristylestudio (the “RI Handles”), or by uploading content to any River Island website or
mobile applications and/or the River Island social media pages (together the “RI Platforms”) you agree to the following
River Island policy.
All posts and content tagged with the RI Hashtags and/or the RI Handles, or uploaded to the RI Platforms,
limitation, your name, biographical information and all other names, usernames, pseudonyms, text, likenesses,
logos, marks, images, photographs, code, videos, clips, GIFs, moving images and all other information and
shall be referred to in this policy as "
- You grant us a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable - unless you tell us otherwise - transferable, worldwide
(including the right to sub-licence) to use, publish, edit and remove UGC in our sole discretion and on any
for any purpose, including to advertise our products;
- You hereby warrant and represent that:
- i) you own all rights in UGC;
- ii) you have obtained permission from any person(s) identifiable in UGC to grant the rights
this policy, or where those person(s) are aged 18 years or under, you either:
- are the parent or legal guardian or such identified person(s), or
- have obtained the express consent from a parent or legal guardian of such identified
their appearance in UGC and to you submitting UGC to the RI Platforms.
- iii) your use and our use of UGC will not infringe the rights of any third party or breach any
law or regulation
- You hereby unconditionally and irrevocably waive (or procure the same from any third party where applicable)
and all moral rights and any other similar rights in connection with our usage of UGC.
- You agree that the personal data that we collect from UGC will be treated in accordance with our Privacy Notice and
the terms of this policy.
- You shall indemnify and hold us harmless and any person acting our behalf from any and all claims, demands,
liabilities, damages and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) which we may incur in connection with
use of UGC.
- We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time, so please check back here when you tag or upload UGC.