Daily Specials With Tish Wonders
Welcome back to the Daily Specials, where we chat to our favourite foodies about what to cook for summer hosting!
Self-taught cook and recipe developer Tish Wonders (@tishwonders) takes us through her asparagus galette recipe, made with just five seasonal ingredients. Tish's delicious dishes have kept her YouTube audience of 300k inspired since 2016, and you don't have to have head chef credentials to whip up her flavourful recipes either.
Ready to impress your guests?
First things first, gather together and measure out your ingredients.
1 ½ Cups of all-purpose flour
½ tsp. sea salt
¼ Cup cold water
110g Chilled butter cubes
200g Asparagus tips
100g Goat’s cheese
25g Pine nuts (toasted)
2 White onions
4 Garlic cloves
1 tbsp Herbes de Provence
Black pepper & sea salt
Extra virgin olive oil (for cooking)
1. Combine the flour and salt into a large bowl. Add in the chilled butter cubes. Rub together with the flour using your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
2. Slowly pour in the cold water bit by bit until the mixture forms a dough. Shape the dough into a disc, place in the bowl and cover with a damp kitchen towel. Place the bowl into the fridge.
3. Drizzle some oil into a pan on a medium heat. Place in the finely chopped onions and garlic. Add in sea salt, black pepper & Herbes de Provence. Continue to stir and cook for 5 minutes. Place in the thinly sliced asparagus and cook everything for a further 7 minutes. Set aside and let mixture cool.
4. Heat the oven to 200C. Remove the pastry dough from the fridge and roll it out on a flat, lightly floured surface until it reaches 1/8 inch in thickness. Transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Place on top the asparagus filling and goats cheese leaving 1 ½ inch around the boarder. Fold the edges of dough over the asparagus and brush the pastry with the beaten egg.
6. Transfer the galette into the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes until the pastry edges are golden. Top with toasted pine nuts and serve.